The Sport and Recreation Disaster Recovery Program (SRDRP) supports not-for-profit sport and recreation organisations with funding to re-establish their facilities and activities after extreme natural events, including flooding and associated damage.
Funding of up to $5000 (Level 1) and $20,000 (Level 2) may be available for eligible sport and recreation organisations located in areas declared under the Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA).
Level 1 funding
Level 1 funding is now available for organisations affected by Tropical Cyclone Debbie in the following areas:
- Banana Shire Council
- Bundaberg Regional Council
- Central Highlands Regional Council
- Fraser Coast Regional Council
- Gladstone Regional Council
- Gold Coast City Council
- Goondiwindi Regional Council
- Gympie Regional Council
- Ipswich City Council
- Isaac Regional Council
- Livingstone Shire Council
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council
- Logan City Council
- Mackay Regional Council
- Maranoa Regional Council
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Noosa Shire Council
- North Burnett Regional Council
- Rockhampton Regional Council
- Scenic Rim Regional Council
- Somerset Regional Council
- South Burnett Regional Council
- Southern Downs Regional Council
- Sunshine Coast Regional Council
- Toowoomba Regional Council
- Western Down Regional Council
- Whitsunday Regional Council
- Woorabinda Aboriginal Shire Council.
Level 1 funding provides up to $5000 to assist in immediate clean-up efforts. This may include:
- replacement of damaged equipment that directly relates to the re-establishment of activities (including office and canteen equipment)
- payment of services and hire costs, and purchase of equipment and tools that assist in short term clean-up of facilities
- reimbursement for the purchase of the above made from the date of the relevant disaster
- funds to repair or replace when this is lower than the premium excess set by the insurance provider may be eligible
- excess coverage for insurance claims.
Level 2 funding
Level 2 funding is now available for organisations affected by Tropical Cyclone Debbie in the following area:
Whitsunday Regional Council
Level 2 funding provides up to $20,000 to assist in immediate clean-up efforts. This may include items/works which:
- mitigate the effect of future damage to the sport and recreation infrastructure due to a similar disaster event:
- repair/restore damage to sport and recreation infrastructure that directly relates to the re-establishment of facilities.
- replace damaged items that are not covered by Level 1 assistance to restore operations to support the delivery of sport and recreation activities.
Who can apply?
To be eligible, the organisation must:
- be located in an NDRRA Category A-C declared disaster affected area (depending on level of funding requested)
- be an incorporated local or regional not-for-profit organisation with a primary objective relating to sport and recreation.
It is recommended that you contact your local Sport and Recreation Services office prior to applying to discuss any enquiries.
How to apply
Where possible, applications should be made through the department’s online grants system to reduce processing times.
If an organisation is unable to submit an application online, a hardcopy application can be completed. Please select the appropriate application form from the More information section below. Applications are to be submitted electronically, in person or by post to the nearest departmental office within the timeframes stated in section 1.2 of the program guidelines.
- Step 1: Check if your organisation is eligible
- Step 2: Log in or create an Enquire applicant portal account
- Step 3: Complete the online application
- Step 4: Submit the application