Why not take one of our online courses and improve your chances of winning grants
Individual Sporting Grants
Sports persons who are Knox residents and have been selected to represent either Victoria or Australia may be entitled to funding assistance on an individual basis.
Sporting Grant Application – means an application from any individual who is a resident of Knox for funding assistance to offset the costs associated with representing Victoria or Australia in a sporting event.
Sporting Event – means an organised sporting event, that is competitive in nature and affiliated with a state sporting association recognised by Sport and Recreation Victoria. A list of State Sporting Associations can be found on Sport and Recreation Victoria’s website.
- All requests for funding must be in writing; and
- The recipient of the Grant must be a current resident of the Municipality; and
- All requests must be accompanied by written confirmation from the relevant state or federal sporting body (or equivalent), confirming the bona fide of the application; and
- Only one application will be considered in any financial year from any individual sports person.
- Individuals who do not have an ABN number are required to complete a ‘Statement by Supplier’ form to accompany all other documentation mentioned above. Please click on the link at the bottom of this page to obtain a copy of this form.
Approved applicants will be eligible for a financial contribution based on the following:
- If the sporting event is held within Victoria – $100 maximum grant
- If the sporting event is held outside Victoria, but within Australia – $150 maximum grant
- If the sporting event is held internationally – $200 maximum grant
Applications cannot be made retrospectively and must be received and finalised prior to the sporting event at which the representation will occur.
Funds will be allocated in the order of applications received. Once the funding allocation has been fully expended, no further Grants may be made under this program within the financial year unless further funds are allocated by Council.
A cheque for the allocated funds made payable to the individual applicant will be forwarded by mail to the applicant with a covering letter under the relevant Ward Councillor’s signature.