What is the Inclusive Kids Grants Fund?
The Inclusive Kids Community Grants Fund aims to assist children who are disadvantaged, by providing small grants to assist with their day to day care or to purchase items that will create better inclusion in community life for these children. This Grants Fund is open to individuals aged 0 – 18 years who live in one of the various areas in which the Grants Fund operates (for details of these areas, click here We believe the grants we make are an investment, not only in the future of the individual, but in the future of their communities as a whole.
The concept of a Community Grants Fund has been developed for members of the community living with disadvantage and who are not eligible for other forms of funding. The Inclusive Kids Community Grants Fund is a non perpetuity funds program that distributes funds raised in any given year back to individuals living in the discreet regions from which grant funding has been raised.
Inclusive Kids Community Grants provide a non-government form of funding for families of children living with disadvantage. Funds are collected through a number of fund-raising and sponsorship activities that are channelled into the Inclusive Kids Community Grants Fund. Funds raised will be directed towards programs within Inclusive Kids that provide group support for a family to care for their child and which advance an individual’s participation in community life.
All requests for assistance and the funds directed towards programs are subject to:
- the relevant Inclusive Kids Community Grant Reference Board recommendation; and
- approval by the Board of IFYS Limited; whose discretionary decision is final.
Who can apply for Inclusive Kids Community Grants?
Inclusive Kids Community Grant applications are principally assessed on the quality of the benefit they will deliver to the individual and must meet the following criteria:
- Applications will be accepted from (or on behalf of) individuals living in the Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast and Cairns areas. For details of these areas, click here
- The application must be to support children who are disadvantaged and be aged 0 – 18 years, by providing services to assist with their day to day care or to purchase items that will create better inclusion in community life.
- Grants will only be made available where no other funding exists or an application for funds from alternative sources has been unsuccessful.
- Grants of up to $4,000 will be considered.
In general, our Inclusive Kids Community Grants Fund will not support:
- Private Companies
- General fundraising
- Operational expenses
- Political activities