*The Health Promotion Sponsorship Program is a key strategy to achieve Healthway’s vision of a healthy Western Australia. By working with organisations in arts, community events and sports Healthway has an opportunity to change behaviour and environments, to improve health.
There are three Healthway sponsorship categories:
ABOUT THE SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM
- Under $5,000
- $5,000 – $50,000
- Over $50,000
Information relating to Healthway sponsorship programs is available on their website.
The Health Promotion Sponsorship Program is focused on two industry areas:
Arts and Community Events – Sponsorship support for arts and cultural activities such as festivals, theatre/dance productions, concerts, exhibitions and workshops, where there is a significant opportunity to change behaviours and environments to improve health.
Sponsorship support for community events such as agricultural shows, street festivals and cultural events that do not have a substantial arts focus, where there is a significant opportunity to change behaviours and environments to improve health. Community Events do not include swap meets, flea markets, seminars or similar activities.
Sports – Sponsorship support for programs and events within the sport, motor racing and active recreation areas, where there is a significant opportunity to change behaviours and environments to improve health.
The objectives of the Health Promotion Sponsorship Program are:
To encourage healthy lifestyles through the effective promotion of health messages relating to Healthway priority areas.
To reduce, where ever possible, the promotion of unhealthy messages or brands which undermine Healthway objectives.
To facilitate structural and policy change within organisations and venues to create healthy environments.
To increase opportunities for priority populations to participate in healthy activities.
HOW TO APPLY
To lodge a $5,000 – $50,000 sponsorship application, please complete the following steps:
- Download the Application Form from the Healthway website: www.healthway.wa.gov.au Check that your organisation and project(s)/event(s) are eligible by completing the
- Eligibility Criteria in the Application Form.
- Contact Healthway to discuss your project(s)/event(s) prior to submitting an application.
- Complete all sections of the Application Form. A full assessment of your application cannot be considered if it is not completed correctly and in full. Be realistic about the objectives, project(s)/event(s) deliverables, budget and sponsorship amount requested.
- Submit the Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of four months prior to the commencement of the project(s)/event(s). In the case of an annual program the application is to be submitted no less than four months prior to the commencement of the financial year or calendar year, as applicable.